I know I should be saving this for the Streatfeild BD but unless I post it now, I will forget my reaction, and it would be shame to deprive you all of my thoughts...

Just finished it last night, and the reasons I didn't really like are twofold:

1. It reminded me too much of "Saplings", possibly my least favourite book of all time.

2. Like Saplings, it was probably written primarily to show people how bad war is for children. It seems to formulaic. Evacuation? Check. Being caught in an air-raid? Check. Rationing? Check. Etc.

Natasha