In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Beth & Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Muriels Choice is really good!! and the Discovery of Kate was enjoyable too.

I haven't seen Phyll's original post yet but yes I think Haverfield is extremely readable. Kate Tyler says the same in The Book too. I also prefer the later ones (there's a list at the end of my paper). You do have to suspend a lot of disbelief about misunderstandings over which people suffer in silence for terms or even years and bizarre loyalties - why can't Kate just tell Magdalene to piss off? - but after reading a few that all seems entirely normal.
--
Kate Lambert