Oddly enough, I found "When the Sirens Wailed" much more snobbish
in its attitude to working-class characters than "The Children of
Primrose Lane", even though it was written so much later. I think
it has good bits, but it's written too much from the outside.

"Primrose Lane" is no doubt an improbable plot when one thinks
about it; but it's well done and carries one along. I also think
that both Marge and Millie are very good characters, in their
different ways!

However, I am rather in the minority in really liking "The
Children on the Top Floor".

Ann