I always had a problem with Jack's little doses (and Matey did it regularly
as well). Obviously in those instances the intention was good, but it's not
much different to what happened in A Chalet Girl in Trouble, even though in
that case Grainne was pretty much a rape victime, wasn't she? Jack's
intentions might be good, but I don't see that he has the right to be
making those decisions for Jo, who is a grown woman. I don't know if Jack's
attitude was the norm of the time though.

Cathy

--
Catherine Newberry
Publishing Systems Trainer

Docendo discitur

                      "nicky.j.wade"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      ternet.com>                cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject: RE: [GO] Dr Jack and
Drink Spiking?
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      t.net.au

                      12/11/2004 09:48

                      AM

Question, for those who've read A Chalet Girl in Trouble. Apart from
intention (obviously!) do you think there's a difference between what
Jack etc routinely do to the girls and what Grainne's cousin did to her?
(Yes, I do realise that intention matters a great deal in this instance
but it's still taking someone's control away from them isn't it?)

NickyW