Quoting Ellen Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> And on the subject of repulsive Dulcies, did anyone mention the one in
> Good-bye Gemma?
I'd forgotten her but she does have my sympathy. I can't imagine a university
drama group putting on a play and then not casting a student in the lead !
Especially when it was going to be high-profile (though I find the idea of The
Times reviewing a student Hamlet extremely unlikely) and would therefore
further the careers of any would-be actors in the cast. And being called Dulcie
in 1969 would be enough to piss anyone off.