Katie said
"I usually work on Sarah=s-air-a and Sara=sahra, as that fits _most_ of the
people I come across, but I now know a Sara who pronounces her name S-air-a,
and I'm sure I knew another in the 1970's at junior school.  So I don't
think it's a hard and fast rule, though in the UK it does seem to be a
tendency (or is it just that way where I've lived?)"

I have taught girls with both spellings but all have been pronounced as
S-air-ra.  I used to think "Sara" would rhyme with 'Clara' but here in
Australia I have nevercome across anyone who says it that way. Mind you, a
couple of years ago on Big Brother there was a "Sahra" who pronounced it
"S-air-ra" but she admitted she changed the spelling of her name just to be

We're planning to call our baby "Tara" if it is a girl, and God help anyone
who prnounces it "Tarra" (like in Gone With the Wind).  I know I am going to
have enough trouble stopping people calling my Isabella "Izzy" (shudders).
Are there any great characters named Tara in GO?