Hi Marcia & others, I wonder what you found distressing in AF's Autumn
Term - can you remember? I have just read it again and wonder if it was the
unfairness re the expulsion from Guides. Regards, Patricia

Marcia Wrote:

I haven't read Wintle's Wonders since I first read it as a child. I love
Noel Streatfeild but even when I'm have an NS binge I get to Wintle's
Wonders and think oh no, that's the one with the awful bit about the
birthday chair.  I have almost no recollection of the story but there must
have been something that upset me when I was young.  I had the same  sort of
reaction to Autumn Term for years until all the discussion on Girls Own
about AF got me to give her another try.  I think it's odd that I can almost
totally forget a story and yet still remember that I found it distressing in
some way.