----- Original Message -----
From: "Laura Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 10:42 AM
Subject: [GO] Buffy & Jonathan & Patrick

> Returning to someone's point about the similarities between Angel and
> Patrick, having just read *Peter's Room* (which I absolutely loved) I
> thought it was really interesting to read about Patrick's views on
> courage etc, and how he thought ?Rupert would give in to the threat of
> torture.  Are there any other books in which AF further explores this
> 'moral ambiguity'?

It's discussed in the Players' books where  being wounded in battle or
tortured during an investigation is a distinct possibility. A character
loses a hand and Nick and his friend Humfrey talk about how they would
react in the same situation (not as well as the masterful George who is
rather more casual about it than I would be !). And a minor character
(another Merrick) copes very well with being hung, drawn and quartered.

Nicky