I apologise that I didn't specifically mention that the messages would be
googleable. It seemed to be obvious to me, as did the fact that they would
be publicly available. That *is* the point of mail.archive.com.

However, I did say "let's see how this goes", so as it is obviously not
acceptable to everyone we'll turn it off, and look for another way of making
the archives searchable. I do agree that privacy should have priority over