"Gil Vidals" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> UserAgent hangs very often upon retrieving certain urls. I have to
> kill the process. Please show me how to set up LWP so that it will
> timeout after the number of seconds that I designate.
>
> I ran the code on the following url http://208.146.248.1 and it just
> hangs for a long time. Longer than my MAX_SECONDS of 30 and
> ABSMAX_SEC of 40 seconds.

The connect does not time out.  Upgrading the IO modules usually
helps.

Type this command:

   $ perl -MIO\ 99
   IO version 99 required--this is only version 1.20.
   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

If you have a version number less than 1.20 then you should upgrade.

You can probably also find out what actually happens by running your
script under 'strace'.

Regards,
Gisle