"Feng, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > You should tell us:
> >   - what site are you trying to access (URL)    -
> https://us.covisint.com <https://us.covisint.coms>
> >   - what version of LWP are you using             - libwww-perl-5.5397

You should try libwww-perl-5.60 instead.  It contains a "workaround"
in that the socket is not put in non-blocking mode for SSL
connections.

> >   - what version of Crypt::SSLeay are you using - Crypt-SSLeay-0.31
> >   - what version of perl are you using (perl -V)    - perl v5.6.1
> >   - what OS platform are you running on               - Solaris 8 on
> Sun Ultra 5
> >   - possibly other relevant information that makes it possible - I
> have to use our proxy to get the site. By the way I have used proxy
> version of lwp but it did not work either.
> >     for others to experience your problem

Anyway, your URL shows another bug that I need to look into:

$ GET https://us.covisint.coms
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>An Error Occurred</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>An Error Occurred</H1>
500 Can't call method "write" on an undefined value
</BODY>
</HTML>

It should have said something like "Can't connect ...".

If I drop the final "s" then it works for me.

$ GET http://us.covisint.com
<head>
</head>

Regards,