author Michael Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:17:41 -0700
committer David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Tue, 30 Aug 2005 05:50:49 -0700
[TG3]: Fix bug in setting a tg3_flag
Found a bug while reviewing the patches the second time.
The TG3_FLAG_TXD_MBOX_HWBUG flag is set after the register access
methods have been determined. This patch fixes it by moving it up before
the various access methods are assigned.
Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
drivers/net/tg3.c | 14 ++++++--------
1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/net/tg3.c b/drivers/net/tg3.c
@@ -9408,6 +9408,12 @@ static int __devinit tg3_get_invariants(
+ /* 5700 BX chips need to have their TX producer index mailboxes
+ * written twice to workaround a bug.
+ if (GET_CHIP_REV(tp->pci_chip_rev_id) == CHIPREV_5700_BX)
+ tp->tg3_flags |= TG3_FLAG_TXD_MBOX_HWBUG;
/* Back to back register writes can cause problems on this chip,
* the workaround is to read back all reg writes except those to
* mailbox regs. See tg3_write_indirect_reg32().
@@ -9682,14 +9688,6 @@ static int __devinit tg3_get_invariants(
tp->tg3_flags &= ~TG3_FLAG_POLL_SERDES;
- /* 5700 BX chips need to have their TX producer index mailboxes
- * written twice to workaround a bug.
- if (GET_CHIP_REV(tp->pci_chip_rev_id) == CHIPREV_5700_BX)
- tp->tg3_flags |= TG3_FLAG_TXD_MBOX_HWBUG;
- tp->tg3_flags &= ~TG3_FLAG_TXD_MBOX_HWBUG;
/* It seems all chips can get confused if TX buffers
* straddle the 4GB address boundary in some cases.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html