Author: Jan Beulich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AuthorDate: Thu Mar 29 10:27:14 2007 +0100
Committer: Linus Torvalds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CommitDate: Sun Apr 1 14:23:57 2007 -0700
[PATCH] kbuild: fix dependency generation
Commit 2e3646e51b2d6415549b310655df63e7e0d7a080 changed the way the
split config tree is built, but failed to also adjust fixdep accordingly
- if changing a config option from or to m, files referencing the
respective CONFIG_..._MODULE (but not the corresponding CONFIG_...)
didn't get rebuilt.
The problem is that trisate symbol are represent with three different
SYMBOL=n => no symbol defined
SYMBOL=y => CONFIG_SYMBOL defined to '1'
SYMBOL=m => CONFIG_SYMBOL_MODULE defined to '1'
But conf_split_config do not distingush between the =y and =m case, so
only the =y case is honoured.
This is fixed in fixdep so when a CONFIG symbol with _MODULE is found we
skip that part and only look for the CONFIG_SYMBOL version.
Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
scripts/basic/fixdep.c | 10 +++++++---
1 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/scripts/basic/fixdep.c b/scripts/basic/fixdep.c
index 668a11a..6bc7e7c 100644
@@ -28,9 +28,11 @@
* the dependency on linux/autoconf.h by a dependency on every config
* option which is mentioned in any of the listed prequisites.
- * To be exact, split-include populates a tree in include/config/,
- * e.g. include/config/his/driver.h, which contains the #define/#undef
- * for the CONFIG_HIS_DRIVER option.
+ * kconfig populates a tree in include/config/ with an empty file
+ * for each config symbol and when the configuration is updated
+ * the files representing changed config options are touched
+ * which then let make pick up the changes and the files that use
+ * the config symbols are rebuilt.
* So if the user changes his CONFIG_HIS_DRIVER option, only the objects
* which depend on "include/linux/config/his/driver.h" will be rebuilt,
@@ -245,6 +247,8 @@ void parse_config_file(char *map, size_t len)
+ if (!memcmp(q - 7, "_MODULE", 7))
+ q -= 7;
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html