Author: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AuthorDate: Fri Jul 20 01:11:59 2007 +0200
Committer: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CommitDate: Fri Jul 20 01:11:59 2007 +0200
ide: remove stale changelog/comments/TODO from ide.c
Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
drivers/ide/ide.c | 78 -----------------------------------------------------
1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/ide/ide.c b/drivers/ide/ide.c
index f3ea5ea..c438cc3 100644
@@ -16,10 +16,6 @@
* (usually 14 & 15).
* There can be up to two drives per interface, as per the ATA-2 spec.
- * Primary: ide0, port 0x1f0; major=3; hda is minor=0; hdb is minor=64
- * Secondary: ide1, port 0x170; major=22; hdc is minor=0; hdd is minor=64
- * Tertiary: ide2, port 0x???; major=33; hde is minor=0; hdf is minor=64
- * Quaternary: ide3, port 0x???; major=34; hdg is minor=0; hdh is minor=64
* From hd.c:
@@ -47,80 +43,6 @@
* This was a rewrite of just about everything from hd.c, though some original
* code is still sprinkled about. Think of it as a major evolution, with
* inspiration from lots of linux users, esp. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- * Version 1.0 ALPHA initial code, primary i/f working okay
- * Version 1.3 BETA dual i/f on shared irq tested & working!
- * Version 1.4 BETA added auto probing for irq(s)
- * Version 1.5 BETA added ALPHA (untested) support for IDE cd-roms,
- * ...
- * Version 5.50 allow values as small as 20 for idebus=
- * Version 5.51 force non io_32bit in drive_cmd_intr()
- * change delay_10ms() to delay_50ms() to fix problems
- * Version 5.52 fix incorrect invalidation of removable devices
- * add "hdx=slow" command line option
- * Version 5.60 start to modularize the driver; the disk and
- * drivers can be compiled as loadable modules.
- * move IDE probe code to ide-probe.c
- * move IDE disk code to ide-disk.c
- * add support for generic IDE device subdrivers
- * add m68k code from Geert Uytterhoeven
- * probe all interfaces by default
- * add ioctl to (re)probe an interface
- * Version 6.00 use per device request queues
- * attempt to optimize shared hwgroup performance
- * add ioctl to manually adjust bandwidth algorithms
- * add kerneld support for the probe module
- * fix bug in ide_error()
- * fix bug in the first ide_get_lock() call for Atari
- * don't flush leftover data for ATAPI devices
- * Version 6.01 clear hwgroup->active while the hwgroup sleeps
- * support HDIO_GETGEO for floppies
- * Version 6.02 fix ide_ack_intr() call
- * check partition table on floppies
- * Version 6.03 handle bad status bit sequencing in
- * Version 6.10 deleted old entries from this list of updates
- * replaced triton.c with ide-dma.c generic PCI DMA
- * added support for BIOS-enabled UltraDMA
- * rename all "promise" things to "pdc4030"
- * fix EZ-DRIVE handling on small disks
- * Version 6.11 fix probe error in ide_scan_devices()
- * fix ancient "jiffies" polling bugs
- * mask all hwgroup interrupts on each irq entry
- * Version 6.12 integrate ioctl and proc interfaces
- * fix parsing of "idex=" command line parameter
- * Version 6.13 add support for ide4/ide5 courtesy [EMAIL
- * Version 6.14 fixed IRQ sharing among PCI devices
- * Version 6.15 added SMP awareness to IDE drivers
- * Version 6.16 fixed various bugs; even more SMP friendly
- * Version 6.17 fix for newest EZ-Drive problem
- * Version 6.18 default unpartitioned-disk translation now
- * Version 6.19 Re-design for a UNIFORM driver for all
- * model based on suggestions from Russell King and
- * Geert Uytterhoeven
- * Promise DC4030VL now supported.
- * add support for ide6/ide7
- * delay_50ms() changed to ide_delay_50ms() and exported.
- * Version 6.20 Added/Fixed Generic ATA-66 support and hwif
- * Added hdx=flash to allow for second flash disk
- * detection w/o the hang loop.
- * Added support for ide8/ide9
- * Added idex=ata66 for the quirky chipsets that are
- * ATA-66 compliant, but have yet to determine a method
- * of verification of the 80c cable presence.
- * Specifically Promise's PDC20262 chipset.
- * Version 6.21 Fixing/Fixed SMP spinlock issue with insight
from an old
- * hat that clarified original low level driver design.
- * Version 6.30 Added SMP support; fixed multmode issues. -ml
- * Version 6.31 Debug Share INTR's and request queue streaming
- * Native ATA-100 support
- * Prep for Cascades Project
- * Version 7.00alpha First named revision of ide rearrange
- * Some additional driver compile-time options are in ./include/linux/ide.h
- * To do, in likely order of completion:
- * - modify kernel to obtain BIOS geometry for drives on 2nd/3rd/4th i/f
#define REVISION "Revision: 7.00alpha2"
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html