Author: Satyam Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AuthorDate: Mon Aug 13 23:41:45 2007 +0530
Committer: Tony Luck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CommitDate: Mon Aug 13 13:20:38 2007 -0700
[IA64] Include Kconfig.preempt
arch/ia64/Kconfig failed to include kernel/Kconfig.preempt that meant it
did not support PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY and PREEMPT_BKL (inadvertently).
This was recently noticed when the newly-added PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS in
Kconfig.preempt that was "select"ed from drivers/kvm/Kconfig (therefore)
started giving bogus warnings ('select' used by config symbol 'KVM' refers
to undefined symbol 'PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS') on ia64 builds.
So let's remove the open-coded definition of CONFIG_PREEMPT in
arch/ia64/Kconfig and replace it with just including Kconfig.preempt
instead, like the other archs do.
Signed-off-by: Satyam Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
arch/ia64/Kconfig | 12 +-----------
1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/ia64/Kconfig b/arch/ia64/Kconfig
index 21aa4fc..8c39913 100644
@@ -327,17 +327,7 @@ config FORCE_CPEI_RETARGET
This option it useful to enable this feature on older BIOS's as well.
You can also enable this by using boot command line option force_cpei=1.
- bool "Preemptible Kernel"
- This option reduces the latency of the kernel when reacting to
- real-time or interactive events by allowing a low priority process to
- be preempted even if it is in kernel mode executing a system call.
- This allows applications to run more reliably even when the system is
- under load.
- Say Y here if you are building a kernel for a desktop, embedded
- or real-time system. Say N if you are unsure.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html