Author: Robert P. J. Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AuthorDate: Fri Oct 19 23:13:32 2007 +0200
Committer: Adrian Bunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CommitDate: Fri Oct 19 23:13:32 2007 +0200
Drop the superfluous test for an old version of gcc.
The header file <linux/compiler.h> already enforces a suitably recent
version of gcc, so there's no point checking for that again.
Signed-off-by: Robert P. J. Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
init/main.c | 8 --------
1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/init/main.c b/init/main.c
index 0dd0e7a..ea0f725 100644
@@ -70,15 +70,7 @@
* This is one of the first .c files built. Error out early if we have compiler
- * Versions of gcc older than that listed below may actually compile and link
- * okay, but the end product can have subtle run time bugs. To avoid
- * bogus bug reports, we flatly refuse to compile with a gcc that is known to
- * too old from the very beginning.
-#if (__GNUC__ < 3) || (__GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 2)
-#error Sorry, your GCC is too old. It builds incorrect kernels.
#if __GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ == 1 && __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__ == 0
#warning gcc-4.1.0 is known to miscompile the kernel. A different compiler
version is recommended.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html