Author: Adrian Bunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AuthorDate: Wed Nov 7 02:30:03 2007 -0800
Committer: David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CommitDate: Wed Nov 7 04:15:07 2007 -0800
[NET]: Remove Documentation/networking/routing.txt
This file is so outdated that I can't see any value in keeping it.
Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Documentation/networking/00-INDEX | 2 -
Documentation/networking/routing.txt | 46 ----------------------------------
2 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/networking/00-INDEX
index 9c64042..f3b0237 100644
@@ -84,8 +84,6 @@ pt.txt
- the Gracilis Packetwin AX.25 device driver
- Raylink Wireless LAN card driver info.
- - the new routing mechanism
- info on the module that can shape/limit transmitted traffic.
diff --git a/Documentation/networking/routing.txt
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,46 +0,0 @@
-The directory ftp.inr.ac.ru:/ip-routing contains:
-- iproute.c - "professional" routing table maintenance utility.
-- rdisc.tar.gz - rdisc daemon, ported from Sun.
- STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL HOSTS.
-- routing.tgz - original Mike McLagan's route by source patch.
- Currently it is obsolete.
-- gated.dif-ss<NEWEST>.gz - gated-R3_6Alpha_2 fixes.
- Look at README.gated
-- mrouted-3.8.dif.gz - mrouted-3.8 fixes.
-- rtmon.c - trivial debugging utility: reads and stores netlink.
-NEWS for user.
-- Policy based routing. Routing decisions are made on the basis
- not only of destination address, but also source address,
- TOS and incoming interface.
-- Complete set of IP level control messages.
- Now Linux is the only OS in the world complying to RFC requirements.
- Great win 8)
-- New interface addressing paradigm.
- Assignment of address ranges to interface,
- multiple prefixes etc. etc.
- Do not bother, it is compatible with the old one. Moreover:
-- You don't need to do "route add aaa.bbb.ccc... eth0" anymore,
- it is done automatically.
-- "Abstract" UNIX sockets and security enhancements.
- This is necessary to use TIRPC and TLI emulation library.
-NEWS for hacker.
-- New destination cache. Flexible, robust and just beautiful.
-- Network stack is reordered, simplified, optimized, a lot of bugs fixed.
- (well, and new bugs were introduced, but I haven't seen them yet 8))
- It is difficult to describe all the changes, look into source.
-If you see this file, then this patch works 8)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git-commits-head" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html