Thank you. You may have just nailed it. I was typing git revert A, thinking 
that was the correct terminology for undoing commit B.

Thanks again.



On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:46:32 PM UTC-5, Peter J Weisberg wrote:
> You have
> A--B
> and you want
> A--B--C
> where the state of C is identical to the state of A, correct?  Then
> you should run:
> git revert B
> The commit(s) you pass to `git revert' are the commits you want to
> undo, not the state that you want to roll back to.
> -PJ

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git 
for human beings" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

Reply via email to