I believe the 403 error is a GitHub permissions issue. I don't think you
can push over https without some special setup. The easy solution is to use
SSH instead.

Try changing your remote to: ssh://
github.com/ashutoshverma/drunken-ironman.git
On Aug 29, 2012 4:11 AM, "Michael Wang" <ylzc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, this time is another error "fatal: remote origin already exists." you
> have already add that remote. No need and you cannot add it again.
>
> just run "*sudo git push -u origin master" *
>
> 2012/8/29 ashutosh verma <ashutove...@gmail.com>
>
>> It is still giving the same error:
>>
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ touch README
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ echo 'Hello world' > README
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git add README
>> [sudo] password for ashu:
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git commit -m "first
>> commit"
>> [master (root-commit) 1edf97b] first commit
>>  1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>>  create mode 100644 README
>>
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git remote add origin
>> https://github.com/ashutoshverma/drunken-ironman.git
>>  fatal: remote origin already exists.
>>
>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git push -u origin
>> master
>> error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing
>> https://github.com/ashutoshverma/drunken-ironman.git/info/refs
>>
>> fatal: HTTP request failed
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Michael Wang <ylzc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> the "git commit" has warned you "nothing to commit (create/copy files
>>> and use "git add" to track)" and if you try git log, you will get someting
>>> like:
>>> fatal: bad default revision 'HEAD'
>>>
>>> git cannot commit an empty tree, so you should add at least one file for
>>> git to track, try the following commands:
>>>
>>> touch README
>>> echo 'Hello world' > README
>>> git add README
>>>  git commit -m "first commit"
>>>
>>> then try to push again.
>>>
>>> 2012/8/29 ashu <ashutove...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> What can be the reason of this error ?
>>>>
>>>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git init
>>>> [sudo] password for ashu:
>>>> Initialized empty Git repository in
>>>> /home/ashu/Documents/git-dir/git1/.git/
>>>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ git commit -m "first
>>>> commit"
>>>> fatal: Unable to create
>>>> '/home/ashu/Documents/git-dir/git1/.git/index.lock': Permission denied
>>>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git commit -m
>>>> "first commit"
>>>> # On branch master
>>>> #
>>>> # Initial commit
>>>> #
>>>> nothing to commit (create/copy files and use "git add" to track)
>>>> ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git remote add
>>>> origin https://github.com/ashutoshverma/drunken-ironman.git
>>>> *ashu@ashu-G41MT-S2P:~/Documents/git-dir/git1$ sudo git push -u origin
>>>> master
>>>> error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing
>>>> https://github.com/ashutoshverma/drunken-ironman.git/info/refs
>>>>
>>>> fatal: HTTP request failed
>>>> *
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Git for human beings" group.
>>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/git-users/-/rE74k7ry258J.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to git-users@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>>> git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/git-users?hl=en.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Wang
>>> Unix/Linux Admin | Software Configuration Management
>>> MSN: ylzc...@gmail.com
>>> Blog: http://loveky2012.blogspot.com
>>> 命由己作,福由心生;积善之家,必有余庆;
>>>
>>>  --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Git for human beings" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to git-users@googlegroups.com.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/git-users?hl=en.
>>>
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Git for human beings" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to git-users@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/git-users?hl=en.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Michael Wang
> Unix/Linux Admin | Software Configuration Management
> MSN: ylzc...@gmail.com
> Blog: http://loveky2012.blogspot.com
> 命由己作,福由心生;积善之家,必有余庆;
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Git for human beings" group.
> To post to this group, send email to git-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/git-users?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git 
for human beings" group.
To post to this group, send email to git-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/git-users?hl=en.

Reply via email to