I have done a little mistake:

with git reset --hard hash-id, you will return to the project state of the
commit's hash. With that, all changes that were done after that commit will
be lost.

with git revert hash-id, you will undo the changes that were done in the
commit's hash. So, only one commit will be undone in this case.

In both cases, git will change the files t automatically.


William Seiti Mizuta
@williammizuta
Caelum | Ensino e Inovação
www.caelum.com.br


On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Ed Pataky <ed.pat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and git will put back the old files?
>
>
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM, William Seiti Mizuta <
> william.miz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hwswman,
>>
>> I don't use SourceTree, but I know how to you do it in command line: if
>> you want to delete forever the changes you have done, you need to get the
>> commit hash of the commit where you want to return (the commit before the
>> mess). For that you can use the command git log to get the hash. With the
>> hash, use the command git reset --hard hash-id to return your project to
>> state, deleting all changes that were done after that commit. If you want
>> only to undo the changes, preserving the mess changes in the history, use
>> the command git revert hash-id.
>>
>>
>> William Seiti Mizuta
>> @williammizuta
>> Caelum | Ensino e Inovação
>> www.caelum.com.br
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM, HWSWMAN <ed.pat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  suppose i have a directory with many files .. i commit a good version
>>> .. then i make a bunch of changes and i messed something up .. how do i
>>> revert back to the old version? will all the files be replaced from the
>>> current messed up files to the older good files?  i am using SourceTree
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Git for human beings" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
>> Google Groups "Git for human beings" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/git-users/hpjOxGit-6g/unsubscribe.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
>> git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Git for human beings" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git 
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to git-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to