I'm trying to set up my first own git server.
*What I have done so far:*
- installed git
- added user "git"
- generated key pair
- installed gitolite (setup with the generated public key)
- added a new folder to the repositories folder and initialized a
repo in there
- TortoiseGit was already installed (and is working with local and
- Generated a putty key (ppk) from the private key (generated on
- I could not manage to clone the repository I added on the server. the
error message (urls changed)
git.exe clone --progress -v "git@ my.url.com:myrepo" "C:\..." Cloning
into 'C:\...'... FATAL: R any myrepo git_rsa DENIED by fallthru (or you
mis-spelled the reponame) fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository
exists. git did not exit cleanly (exit code 128) (1794 ms @ 04.11.2014
- I CAN clone the gitolite-admin repository. Also when I uncheck the
checkbox to load the putty key!!!
Please. If anyone knows what I can try next. Every help is very much
appreciated. Sorry if I forgot any important information. Please tell me
what else you need to know to be able to help. Andy
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.