Went like this...
- I have a project in git working with no issues
- I added a bunch of code in a subdirectory not realising that it was
itself a git project
- I did some other stuff and then 'git add .; git commit' in the root of
the project (no errors)
- I pushed to my master repo and back down somewhere else and discovered
the 'submodule' directory was empty
- I realised what I did, went back to the source, deleted the .git folder
in the 'submodule' but something has happened. Git refuses to recognise the
contents of this directory. Even deleting it and putting it back doesn't
What can I do to recover this?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.