From: "Magnus Therning" <mag...@therning.org>
On 21 May 2015 at 09:06, Philip Oakley <philipoak...@iee.org> wrote:
From: "Konstantin Khomoutov" <flatw...@users.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 4:02 PM
On Wed, 20 May 2015 09:25:37 +0200
Magnus Therning <mag...@therning.org> wrote:
If you are using the command line I'd start with removing
from the equation and go with the default (most probably that's
I seconds this.
Personally I disagree ;-) I do use a balance of Windows and Git
remember the 70's with real teletypes, especially the good bits; but,
the same, if it's OK with you ...;-)
I think you misunderstood me. My suggestion was to remove notepad++
from the equation *while troubleshooting*.
Ahh, I'd read it as if it was a *solution* (and that vi was "the right
thing" ;-). When I started I had to just close the unresponsive bash
window when it got into vi mode - I now know to press 'q' to exit.
Hopefully Michael has now got a workable solution to the editor of
Removing possible causes
of the observed problem one at a time is a rather good strategy when
troubleshooting, I find.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git for
human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.