On SF there is an update of qgit, a git GUI viewer (and lately also
committer and patch exchanger ;-) )
This time I have added the interfaces to import and export patches by
git-format-patch-script and git-applymbox.
As a side effect it is now possible to drag and drop a set of
selected revisions between two instances of qgit (there is also the
new menu entry 'open in a new window';-) )
Other updates include complete recursive search of refs under .git/refs/ and
highlight according to type: current branch(HEAD), branch, tag, other.
And new is also graft support, thanks to Linus hint of --parents flag in
Under the hood a reworked and much more powerful error handling and reporting
code and a better commit.
As usual the shop is open for suggestions/requests and bug reports.
Complete ChangeLog from last announced release:
- added drag and drop of selected revs between qgit instances: using
git-format-patch in dragging archive and git-applymbox in dropping
archive to transfer the revisions patches.
Instances can be open with menu->file->'open in a new window' or simply
from the shell.
- added GUI interface to git-applymbox to import patches
- added refs highlight, now any reference found recursively under .git/refs/
is highlighted according to its type: current branch(HEAD), branch, tag,
- added graft support using --parents flag in git-rev-list
- added custom options setting for commit dialog (interface to
- added --signoff option to patch format
- reworked error reporting infrastructure, now much more powerful
and informative in case of git command execution failure
- various small bug fixes and GUI tweaks
- fix a bad crash when running qgit --all on archives with
- added 'Make Tag' menu entry
- a compile fix for Debian users, reported by Martin Langhoff
- various small tweaks to GUI
- fix a build problem on some platform, spotted and
fixed by Bernhard Schiffner.
- added line and col number in commit viewer
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html