A maintenance release Git v220.127.116.11 is now available at the
The release tarballs are found at:
and their SHA-1 checksums are:
Also the following public repositories all have a copy of the v18.104.22.168
tag and the maint-1.7.11 branch that the tag points at:
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git
Git v22.214.171.124 Release Notes
Fixes since v126.96.36.199
* The synopsis said "checkout [-B branch]" to make it clear the
branch name is a parameter to the option, but the heading for the
option description was "-B::", not "-B branch::", making the
* Git ships with a fall-back regexp implementation for platforms with
buggy regexp library, but it was easy for people to keep using their
platform regexp. A new test has been added to check this.
* "git apply -p0" did not parse pathnames on "diff --git" line
correctly. This caused patches that had pathnames in no other
places to be mistakenly rejected (most notably, binary patch that
does not rename nor change mode). Textual patches, renames or mode
changes have preimage and postimage pathnames in different places
in a form that can be parsed unambiguously and did not suffer from
* After "gitk" showed the contents of a tag, neither "Reread
references" nor "Reload" did not update what is shown as the
contents of it, when the user overwrote the tag with "git tag -f".
* "git for-each-ref" did not currectly support more than one --sort
* "git log .." errored out saying it is both rev range and a path
when there is no disambiguating "--" is on the command line.
Update the command line parser to interpret ".." as a path in such
* Pushing to smart HTTP server with recent Git fails without having
the username in the URL to force authentication, if the server is
configured to allow GET anonymously, while requiring authentication
* "git show --format='%ci'" did not give timestamp correctly for
commits created without human readable name on "committer" line.
(merge e27ddb6 jc/maint-ident-missing-human-name later to maint).
* "git show --quiet" ought to be a synonym for "git show -s", but
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html