I've release tig version 1.1 with a bunch of improvements and bug fixes.
Note that tig no longer uses move/copy detection by default to work
better on large repository. See the release notes below on how to
restore the old behavior.
What is tig?
Tig is an ncurses-based text-mode interface for git. It functions mainly
as a git repository browser, but can also assist in staging changes for
commit at chunk level and act as a pager for output from various git
- Homepage: http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/
- Manual: http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/manual.html
- Tarballs: http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/releases/
- Git URL: git://github.com/jonas/tig.git
- Gitweb: http://repo.or.cz/w/tig.git
- Disable diff move/copy detection by default, boosting diff
performance on larger projects. Use git config 'diff.renames' option
(git-wide) to set your preferred behavior. Environment variable
TIG_DIFF_OPTS can be used to restore the old behavior.
- Values set for author-width and filename-width will result in widths
one character bigger than previously.
- Typing a text in the prompt will be interpreted as a tig command.
Prefixing the command with a '!' will execute this system command in
an external pager. Entering a single key will execute the
corresponding key binding.
- Basic support for wrapping long line in pager, diff, and stage views.
Enable using: `set wrap-lines = yes`. (GH #2)
- User-defined commands prefixed with a '?' means prompt before
execution. Example: `bind main B !?git rebase -i %(commit)`.
- User-defined commands prefixed with a '<' means exit after execution.
Example: `bind main C !<git commit`. (GH #66)
- User-defined commands are executed unquoted to support shell commands.
Example: `bind generic I !@sh -c "echo -n %(commit) | xclip -selection c"`.
- Configure case-insensitive searches using: `set ignore-case = yes`.
- Add "deleted mode" line type for better diff coloring.
- Open editor when requesting edit action from within a file diff.
- Update AX_WITH_CURSES to build under Cygwin.
- Improve tigrc(5) documentation. (Debian #682766)
- Allow to build on Mac OS 10.7 without the configure script. (GH #25)
- Add option to split the view vertically instead of horizontally.
Example: `set vertical-split = yes'. (GH #76)
- Add 'show-id' and 'id-width' options to configure the display of
commit IDs in the main view and ID width in the blame view. (GH #77)
- Allow to override git-based encoding to UTF-8 by setting
'i18n.commitencoding' or 'gui.encoding'.
- Improve autobuild support to track generated files and work with
- Commit IDs are read from stdin when --stdin is given; works for main
and diff view, e.g. `tig --no-walk --stdin < cherry-picks.txt`.
- Add option to disable focusing of the child view when it's opened.
Disable using: `set focus-child = no`. (GH #83)
- Allow to open blob related with added content in a diff. (GH #91)
- Fix commit graph regression when a path spec is specified. (GH #53)
- Main view: only show staged/unstaged changes for the current branch.
- Support submodules created with current version of git. (GH #54)
- Fix diff status message for file diffs with no content changes.
- Fix parent blaming when tig is launched in subdirectory. (GH #70)
- Do not show deleted branch when reloading the branch view.
The diffstat and log summary for changes made in this release.
.gitignore | 2 +
INSTALL | 8 +
Makefile | 35 +-
NEWS | 57 ++-
autogen.sh | 22 +
config.make.in | 12 +-
configure.ac | 13 +-
contrib/announcement.sh | 2 +-
contrib/aspell.dict | 338 ++++++------
contrib/ax_with_curses.m4 | 544 ++++++++++++++++---
contrib/config.make-Darwin | 3 +
contrib/tig.spec.in | 4 +
contrib/update-release-docs.sh | 53 ++
git.h | 36 +-
io.c | 64 ++-
io.h | 9 +-
manual.txt | 47 +-
refs.c | 2 +-
test-graph.c | 2 +-
tig.1.txt | 3 +-
tig.c | 960 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------
tig.h | 51 ++-
tigrc.5.txt | 142 ++++-
23 files changed, 1806 insertions(+), 603 deletions(-)
1 Beat Bolli
1 Donald Chai
1 Douglas Livingstone
1 Hugo Schmitt
1 Jiri Jaburek
43 Jonas Fonseca
2 Petr Uzel
2 Rich Healey
1 Ryan Schlesinger
8 Samuel Bronson
3 Valentin Haenel
1 Victor Foitzik
7 Vivien Didelot
1 Štěpán Němec
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html