Dear Git users,
It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.11.0(2) is available from:
Changes since Git for Windows v2.11.0 (December 1st 2016)
• Reading a large index has been speeded up using pthreads.
• The checkout operation was speeded up for the common cases.
• The status operation was made faster in large worktrees with many
• The diff operation saw performance improvements when working on a
huge number of renamed files.
• PuTTY's plink.exe can now be used in GIT_SSH_COMMAND without
jumping through hoops, too.
• The MSYS2 runtime was synchronized with Cygwin 2.6.1.
• Non-ASCII characters are now shown properly again in Git Bash.
• Implicit NTLM authentication works again when accessing a remote
repository via HTTP/HTTPS without having to specify empty user name
• Our poll() emulation now uses 64-bit tick counts to avoid the (very
rare) wraparound issue where it could miscalculate time differences
every 49 days.
• The --no-lock-index option of git status is now also respected also
• The regression of v2.11.0 where Git could no longer push to shared
folders via UNC paths is fixed.
• A bug in the MSYS2 runtime where it performed POSIX->Windows
argument conversion incorrectly was fixed.
• The MSYS2 runtime was prepared to access the FAST_CWD internal data
structure in upcoming Windows versions.
• Fixed a bug in the experimental builtin difftool where it would not
handle copied/renamed files properly.
Filename | SHA-256
-------- | -------