On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 09:45:02AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> It is preferrable if the decision were accompanied with a concrete
> plan for us to prepare our mentoring capability better (if we want
> to participate in future GSoC, that is), but I think it is a
> separate issue, and I suspect that it is too late for this year's.

I agree with this. I do think we should participate again, and I think
we should try to address the issues I brought up (and you mentioned
in your email) about project size and community involvement.

My email was meant to be a "maybe it's not too late if people really
want to work on the project ideas page". But I haven't seen anything
happening there, and we really are running right up to the deadline[1].
I think at this point it makes sense to wait a year and try to approach
it sooner next year.


[1] I know my email didn't give much time for action; the deadline snuck
    up on me, too.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to