After struggling with shell for a couple of days, I finally managed to
achieve what I set out to do: implement a rebase.autostash without
leaking the autostash detail into specific rebases.  And I'm
absolutely elated with my approach.  Patches [1/7] to [6/7] make no
reference to autostash, and pretend to be nice by-the-way changes
unrelated to any new feature.  [7/7] suddenly introduces a little bit
of code in, and everything just starts working

Okay, now for the bad news.  I've mostly just worked backward from
tests, so I can't justify all my changs fully.  Also, there are no new
tests, because I don't know what to test: we pretty much have to run
the entire rebase testsuite with rebase.autostash turned on, right?

If you can't wait for a few weeks (reviews, iterations) and want to
use this immediately, just pull in the rebase.autostash branch from
gh:artagnon/git and enjoy.


Ramkumar Ramachandra (7):
  am: suppress error output from a conditional
  rebase -i: don't error out if $state_dir already exists
  am: tighten a conditional that checks for $dotest
  am: don't do housekeeping when rebasing
  rebase -i: return control to the caller, for housekeeping
  sh-setup: introduce require_clean_work_tree --quiet
  rebase: implement --[no-]autostash and rebase.autostash

 Documentation/config.txt     |  8 ++++++++
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt | 10 ++++++++++                    | 15 ++++++++++-----            |  8 ++++----   | 14 ++++++--------                | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-              | 10 +++++++---
 7 files changed, 85 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)


To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at

Reply via email to