I have a question about GIT remote repos. Here is my scenario.
1. Work client has a repo (origin, branch of master).
2. Due to contractual issues I need to host a remote copy of this repo that my
developers can utilize while we get the contractual issues resolved as
development must continue.
3. I have a virtual machine from the client which already has a remote of
4. I have created a bare repo on a server my developer's have access to.
5. I have added that remote to my copy of the client VM local repo and pushed
its contents to my newly created bare repo.
What I need to understand is how to
a) Connect my developer's VM local repos to the new remote repo I created so
they can continue to work.
b) Once the contractual issues are resolved reconnect the developer's local
repos back to the original orgin/master repo and merge all their changes.
I'm fairly new to GIT but have worked with version control for a long time
(CVS, PVCS, Subversion etc).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html