It is now in the middle of 5th week of this release cycle [*1*], and
due to the season being summer and with US holidays, I expect that
things will be more quiet than other weeks. It was a good time to
review the recent issues of whats-cooking, and that is what I just
Here is a list of topics, that I thought may be of merit, but
seem to be stalled for extensive timeperiod.
I am mostly worried about the ones that (superficially at least)
looked good to me but haven't got any reviews.
* jk/gitweb-utf8 (2013-04-08) 4 commits
- gitweb: Fix broken blob action parameters on blob/commitdiff pages
- gitweb: Don't append ';js=(0|1)' to external links
- gitweb: Make feed title valid utf8
- gitweb: Fix utf8 encoding for blob_plain, blobdiff_plain, commitdiff_plain,
Various fixes to gitweb.
Drew Northup volunteered to take a look into this.
* mg/more-textconv (2013-05-10) 7 commits
- grep: honor --textconv for the case rev:path
- grep: allow to use textconv filters
- t7008: demonstrate behavior of grep with textconv
- cat-file: do not die on --textconv without textconv filters
- show: honor --textconv for blobs
- diff_opt: track whether flags have been set explicitly
- t4030: demonstrate behavior of show with textconv
Make "git grep" and "git show" pay attention to --textconv when
dealing with blob objects.
I thought this was pretty well designed and executed, but it seems
there are some doubts on the list; kicked back to 'pu'.
* jl/submodule-mv (2013-04-23) 5 commits
- submodule.c: duplicate real_path's return value
- rm: delete .gitmodules entry of submodules removed from the work tree
- Teach mv to update the path entry in .gitmodules for moved submodules
- Teach mv to move submodules using a gitfile
- Teach mv to move submodules together with their work trees
"git mv A B" when moving a submodule A does "the right thing",
inclusing relocating its working tree and adjusting the paths in
the .gitmodules file.
Waiting for a reroll.
* hv/config-from-blob (2013-05-12) 5 commits
- do not die when error in config parsing of buf occurs
- teach config --blob option to parse config from database
- config: make parsing stack struct independent from actual data source
- config: drop cf validity check in get_next_char()
- config: factor out config file stack management
Waiting for a reroll.
* rj/read-default-config-in-show-ref-pack-refs (2013-06-17) 3 commits
- ### DONTMERGE: needs better explanation on what config they need
- pack-refs.c: Add missing call to git_config()
- show-ref.c: Add missing call to git_config()
The changes themselves are probably good, but it is unclear what
basic setting needs to be read for which exact operation.
Waiting for clarification.
* jh/shorten-refname (2013-05-07) 4 commits
- t1514: refname shortening is done after dereferencing symbolic refs
- shorten_unambiguous_ref(): Fix shortening refs/remotes/origin/HEAD to origin
- t1514: Demonstrate failure to correctly shorten "refs/remotes/origin/HEAD"
- t1514: Add tests of shortening refnames in strict/loose mode
When remotes/origin/HEAD is not a symbolic ref, "rev-parse
--abbrev-ref remotes/origin/HEAD" ought to show "origin", not
"origin/HEAD", which is fixed with this series (if it is a symbolic
ref that points at remotes/origin/something, then it should show
"origin/something" and it already does).
Expecting a reroll, as an early part of a larger series.
* jk/fast-import-empty-ls (2013-06-23) 4 commits
- fast-import: allow moving the root tree
- fast-import: allow ls or filecopy of the root tree
- fast-import: set valid mode on root tree in "ls"
- t9300: document fast-import empty path issues
Waiting for reviews.
* mh/multimail (2013-04-21) 1 commit
- git-multimail: a replacement for post-receive-email
Waiting for the initial history to pull from.
*1* The release calendar is at http://tinyurl.com/gitCal
The 8th week is also expected to be slow due to OSCON.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html