Jeremiah Mahler <jmmah...@gmail.com> writes:
> I just notice that my patch is in 'pu'.
> But it is version 7 instead of the improved version 8.
Yeah, I know. In a distributed environment, multiple people work
independently and a sequence of event can go like this:
- I read v7, comment, and queue it only so that I won't forget;
- I attend to other topics;
- I start the day's integration cycle, merging topics to the
integration branches, maint, master, next and pu;
- You reroll v8 and post it;
- I may not notice v8, or I may notice v8 but think it is not
worth to discard the integration work so far only to replace
v7 with v8.
- The integration result is pushed out.
A reminder is very much appreciated, but on the other hand it is not
something unusual. It happens all the time, and I usually am aware
of it ;-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html