zabetak commented on PR #6825: URL: https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/6825#issuecomment-6012071084
The option 2 was not so much for reducing the image size but mainly for skipping the custom entry point and the decompression logic during startup. Not sure if its better but shared it so you can pick whatever you feel best. I enriched the respective discussion with the exact commands and tools I used. Indeed the schema migration script could be incorporated in the dump but then we may need different images and binary dump files for different versions (e.g., upstream vs downstream). Feel free to pick the option that suits best, I don't have a strong opinion which direction to go. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
