Agreed with @codebrainz it's not very clear, but I guess I got it:
When *filetypes.php* has an empty `comment_single`, it uses HTML comments
(`<!-- -->`) instead of multi-line PHP comments (`/* */`) for some reason.
1. Open Geany with a stock configuration (`geany -c /tmp/temp-config`)
2. Create a new PHP file from template
3. Insert a non-empty line in the PHP section (e.g. `echo "hello!";` on line 24)
1. Try and comment line 24 with <kbd>Ctrl+E</kbd>: it inserts `//~ ` at
the start of the line. Good! Try and the same on line 31: it inserts `<!--
-->`. Good again! Toggle both back to not commented.
4. Open *filetypes.php* (*Tools → Configuration files → Filetype configuration
files → Scripting languages → filetypes.php*)
5. Change the value of `comment_single` to make it empty. Save it.
6. Try commenting line 24: it inserts `<!-- -->` 😞
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: