On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:50 PM, shin938 <sha...@tikalk.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm new to gitorious and I'm not a ruby programmer,
> I'm installing gitorious on our company server, and I wonder , would
> it be correct to just set RAILS_ENV=production globally in /etc/
> profile so I wouldn't have to set it for every command?

I suppose so, as long as your SSH server reads this file when users push
(via ssh).
However, if you deploy under Passenger - which you should - this is the
default, or you can specify it in the {nginx,apache} config. For the non web
services, the default is production - again a very sane default - so you
shouldn't have to do anything.

Cheers,
- Marius