On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Thomas Schamm <tho...@tschamm.de> wrote:
> We have quite a strange problem on our company's gitorious installation: The
> watchlist.atom feed is invalid, the error page says the source is not
> available. However, this only happens for one specific user, all others are
> able to access their watchlists. The specific user is unable to open it's
> dashboard, as soon as he tries to access this site, a 404 error page is shown
> (which I think is because of the invalid watchlist).
>
> I have the belief, an invalid event may corrupt the user's watchlist. Is
> there an option to "rebuild" the user's watchlist? I think this would result
> in a massive database manipulation, as all events bound to this user have to
> be deleted.

Thomas,
It sounds like you found the problem - did you identify which event
this is? There isn't functionality for rebuilding a user's watchlist,
so your best option is probably to identify the event and delete it
from the database (ie. Event.find(<id>).destroy in the console). To my
knowledge, events relating to other objects in the database should be
removed when their "parents" are removed.

> ps: It's nice to see gitorious progressing so well. It makes much of fun
> using gitorious in our company!

:-)

Cheers,
- Marius