Hi Ben,

sounds like it might be a permissions/ownership issue. The first thing you can check:

- Which user/group owns the repo base path (specified in config/gitorious.yml, specifies the dir under which all repositories are stored). Should be owned by the 'gitorious_user' specified in /config/gitorious.yml - Now, which user is running the gitorious scripts (git-daemon etc)? Should be the same user as below.

(My hunch is that the repo base folder is owner by root or some other user than the one owning/running the gitorious processes)

cheers,
Thomas