I recently merged upstream master into my local installation. Apparently
the sharding default was changed to be disabled which was causing a rather
confusing problem
with push processing. I was getting ActiveMessagingAbort exceptions from
the push processor on every push to new repositories created and only to
new repositories. After enabling sharding again and recreating the
repositories, the problem went away.

The symptoms were identical to those in this posting:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/gitorious/c6jZdl89QCg

I also found that all traces of this setting were removed from the example
gitorious.yml config for some reason. I only found it by looking through
the commit log.