On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Marius Mårnes Mathiesen
<marius.mathie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think?

Sounds straightforward to me. Thanks for outlining this.

My one suggestion is to make this policy crystal clear to new
developers. Whenever I write a patch for a project I want to know
"what branch do I base this on in order to get it accepted ASAP?" If
you make it very clear in the HACKING file, and in the wiki, that
patches should be proposed against "next" in the form of Gitorious
merge requests, then it will be much simpler for contributors to join.

- Ken