On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:27:38PM -0800, DanSab wrote:
> Hello.
> I have a question about new ldap authorization capabilities.
> I set up new instance of gitorious, tuned authentication.yml and now can
> log into web-interface with my Active Directory credentials.
> But still can't find out how i can include ldap groups into gitorious teams
> as it mentioned here:
> http://blog.gitorious.org/2012/10/25/ldap-authorization-lands-in-gitorious-mainline/
> "...you still define Teams in Gitorious – but those teams have LDAP groups
> as members, not users..."

Daniil,
Sorry we haven't gotten around to documenting this better yet.

Once you have set this up correctly, you should see a slightly
different-looking form when visiting the /teams/new URL on your
server. Instead of the regular form, you should see a textarea where
you can enter names of LDAP groups to make your team. In this field
you should list the name of one LDAP group name per line; just add the
attributes that are not part the `group_search_dn`  you have defined for your
server in config/authentication.yml.

If your server has a group_search_dn of ou=groups,dc=example, and you
have a group "cn=developers,ou=groups,dc=example", you should enter

  cn=developers

on one of the lines in the member list. Gitorious will verify that
this group exists on your LDAP server and give an error message if
that fails. Add as many LDAP groups as you wish (again, one per line),
but keep in mind that your LDAP server may support having groups as
members of groups for you.

Cheers,
- Marius