Scott Allen writes:
> Just to be clear, I want to completely disable access to port 80 and have
> everything got to port 443. For the most part everything is working accept
> for git pushes, where I get different errors depending on my configuration
> setting in gitorious.yml.

The easiest thing is to set up two "servers" in nginx/apache; one for
SSL and another one for plain HTTP, and then set up the HTTP one to
rewrite all non-local requests to the SSL ones. This way the local
machine will be able to connect using HTTP to query for paths and
permissions, while all non-local requests are redirected to SSL.

Cheers,
- Marius