Dear all,

I'm experiencing a strange problem after upgrading an old (2011) Gitorious
installation to a new one (installed as per getgitorious.com).

I managed to transfer all of my repositories using some rsync magic, and
now cloning, pushing and pulling over SSH work fine, but using the git://
protocol only works for new repos.

This seems to have to do with the changed directory layout in
gitorious/repositories; the old repos have a name apparently based on SHA-1
(e.g. 429/e18/bb2375275f8ea135fb6cdf77b6476375d5.git), while the new ones
follow a project/reponame format. Apparently, when using the git://
protocol, the old style names are used, since I get log messages in
/var/log/messages of the form

    May 23 14:21:35 github git-daemon[16998]: Request upload-pack for
'/project/reponame.git'
    May 23 14:21:35 github git-daemon[16998]:
'/var/www/gitorious/repositories/project/reponame.git' does not appear to
be a git repository

while my local Git client just says

Is there an easy way to fix this? E.g., can I systematically symlink the
new names to the old ones?

TIA,
Lars