On Friday, October 3, 2014 11:00:29 PM UTC-4, Michael Reilly wrote:
> On Friday, October 3, 2014 10:53:31 PM UTC-4, Ethan Eldridge wrote:
> > On Friday, October 3, 2014 10:43:29 PM UTC-4, Michael Reilly wrote:
> > > After github closed the gamersgate repository for TOS violation, they
> > > migrated to gitorious.
> > >
> > > https://gitorious.org/gamergate/gamergate/source/1998bc086a38aa7f4507c42ed944d8bb1a4f89eb:
> > >
> > > https://gitorious.org/gamergate/gamergate/source/ba751c3a3dedde6f3c3676d3a5da19ce0eb43a2e:Operation%20Dig%20Dig%20Dig
> > >
> > > Essentially, the entire repository revolves around finding people of
> > > interest for doxxing. After github closed the repo the employee
> > > responsible has been targeted as well, and his personal info has been
> > > partially compromised.
> > >
> > > This repo also seems to violate gitorious's TOS. So I would urge you to
> > > deal with this matter.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >

> > First off, a boycott is not harassment, it is the consumers choice to make
> > their decision to take their dollar somewhere else. In order to do this
> > wisely they need to know both sides of the story. They can read the
> > original gamers are dead posts for one side, they can also read articles in
> > support of GamerGate to round out their knowledge. The repository is a
> > source of information. Nothing more, nothing less.
> >
> > Dig dig dig does single people out for research. Because GamerGate
> > supporters believes that there are people who have engaged in collusion and
> > corruption, if you were looking for people who were racist or sexist, would
> > you not tell other people who they were and say: "maybe we should look into
> > this?". This is the same situation, dig dig dig calls for researching
> > through public information and does not endorse or request any doxxing or
> > illegal activities to obtain information. There is nothing nefarious about
> > this operation.
> >

> > Operation Disrespectful Nod singles out people yes, because they are the
> > representatives of their companies. This is common sense, if you want to
> > talk to a company you need to know whom to talk to. Putting their names out
> > there is nothing different than finding it on the contact pages of their
> > respectful sites. They are not "targets", they are the contact point for
> > their company. If you were to contact a group you did not agree with,
> > wouldn't you do the same? And spread the information if you wanted more
> > people to share your voice? Which encourages being polite and voicing your
> > concerns in a reasonable way? Also this is not a "spam campaign", this is a
> > consumer uproar. There is nothing illegal about encouraging people to voice
> > their opinions, this is what leaflet and grassroots campaign do all the
> > time. GreenPeace hands out leaflets, we hand out links.
> >
> > Twitter Flooding Instructions.md is a NOT walkthrough for creating
> > sockpuppet accounts. It is a guide to creating a twitter account for those
> > who do not have one, or who do not want to associate their realname with an
> [...]

I respectfully disagree.

These links contain nothing but contact information to contact advertisers. I
fail to see how this in any way violates the terms of service.

A thorough examination of these links shows no evidence of threats; nor does it
contain threats; nor does it incite violence; nor does it violate privacy or
publicity rights.

As far as I can tell, there are no threats. There are no incitements to
violence. There are no violations of privacy (these are publicly available
e-mail addresses) and, as such, I must refute the accusations from Mr. Reilly.