There are people that claim, "privatization" is a new word for "disowning".

In Germany the Telkom was or is to some degree still "privatized", it belonged
to the state, that is to all people. Now it is sold and they took as much as
over 60 EURO from this part of the public that wanted to own it and now the
price has gone down to less than 30 Euro and on top of it they gave most of the
money that the privatized Telekom received also to the Government for socalled
UMTS licenses and now the state prosecutor is invetsigating the CEO and the
Board of Directors for fraud.

So much to your question on privatization !