Dear GKD Members,

I do agree with Peter Ellis that the Bank has enormous quantity of
information generated through development research. Quite often,
critics feel that the Bank has only its own documents and none else.
Recently, I undertook a study to ananlyse the availability of
anti-corruption literature on the web. To my surprise, the Bank and
its wing, the WBI posses the most, much more than Transparency
International (TI), the leading NGO in this field.

The leading NGOs and the academics should not hesitate to admit that
they lose out in the aspect of publishing their work and making it
available online. Efforts by certain networks such as Oneworld, OECD,
Bellanet are commendable. The proposed Corruption Online Research and
Information System of TI is a step towards this. But, we need to
initiate many more such networks focussing on thematic issues - not to
compete with the Bank but to compliment their efforts. Perhaps the
Bank will make some funds available for such efforts?

Warm wishes
Shadrach

B. Shadrach
Department of Information Science