Dear GKD Members,

I thought you would find this recent APC resource, a "Multimedia Training
Kit," of interest.

RELEASE OF "UNESCO/APC MULTIMEDIA TRAINING KIT"

"The farmers' cooperative that uses our telecentre can never find the
information they want online. I want to offer them basic Internet
training but I don't have materials."

"A women's group I have trained has been offered a regular 15-minute
spot on a local radio show. They've asked me for a workshop on script-
writing but my experience is in writing for web, not radio."

More and more people are seeing the creative potential of linking the
Internet to more traditional communication technologies, particularly
radio and television.

A STRUCTURED MULTIMEDIA TRAINING KIT

The UNESCO/APC Multimedia Training Kit (MMTK) provides trainers in
telecentres, community media organisations, and the development sector
with a structured set of materials to help make that jump between new
and traditional media or train in a new skill area.

The materials cover a range of multimedia areas like "presenting on
radio" and "writing for the web" as well as topics such as "cooperative
problem solving". The MMTK is a growing collection, and new topics will
be added in the months to come.

Materials follow a standard format and so can be used as interchangeable
building blocks from which trainers can build up face- to-face training
appropriate for their different contexts. So, a trainer running a
workshop on information skills for a women's organisation could choose
components from the "Searching the Internet" unit and the "Violence
Against Women" module and combine them into a single workshop kit.
Individuals can also use many of the materials for self-instruction.

Each unit includes notes for trainers on running the workshop, a handout
for workshop participants, exercises, a list of additional resources, a
glossary of terms, a copyright statement and workshop and materials
evaluation forms. Many units contain additional resources such as
presentations, detailed manuals for trainers, and case studies of how
the tools in question are being used in different contexts.

FREE TO USE

All MMTK materials are released under a Creative Commons license which
allows their free use and distribution for non-commercial use.

A PARTNERSHIP PROJECT

The MMTK is a multi-stakeholder initiative involving the Association for
Progressive Communications (APC), UNESCO, OneWorld International, AMARC,
the International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD),
Search for Common Ground, Radio for Development, and the Food and
Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).

The MMTK was funded by UNESCO and the Rockefeller Foundation and
coordinated by APC.

CONTACT: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

UNESCO/APC MULTIMEDIA TRAINING KIT:
http:/www.itrainonline.org/itrainonline/mmtk/