Dear GKD Members,

As most of you know, this online discussion is a lead-up to the physical
conference to be held December 12-14, 2004 in San Francisco. Key
messages of this discussion will be presented at the Conference, and a
CD with summaries of the main discussion threads will be distributed to
all registrants of the conference and widely circulated throughout the
development community.

With that in mind, we would like to give you an update on the Conference
details:

The final program for the "Eradicating Poverty through Profit" business
conference is nearly set.

Please visit <http://povertyprofit.wri.org/program/program.html> for the
latest version of the program. (Make sure you refresh your cache to view
the dozens of additional speakers confirmed in the past few weeks.)
We've added to the impressive list of companies and organizations to be
represented at the conference, organized by sector here:
http://povertyprofit.wri.org/pdfs/Comps_Rep.pdf

Important Reminders

* Our special room rate at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero Center Hotel -
$129 for single or double occupancy - will be available only through
November 12.  To assure that you receive this low rate, register now at
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=30902

* Don't forget to register!
http://povertyprofit.wri.org/registration/registration.html

Additional news

* Carly Fiorina of Hewlett-Packard and Christopher Rodrigues of Visa
International have confirmed their participation as keynote speakers.

* The U.S. government G8 working group is now cooperating with the
conference organizers to create and deliver the policy track.
Preliminary working group descriptions will appear shortly on the
program at http://povertyprofit.wri.org/program/program.html

* We've added new tracks, and reorganized Tuesday's sessions in order to
present more speakers and topics, and to synthesize material from
Monday's working groups. Full details at
http://povertyprofit.wri.org/program/program.html .

* The media continue to produce story after story on conference themes.
Please visit <http://povertyprofit.wri.org/news/media_coverage.html> to
read a selection of the more prominent stories gathered from the world
press.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

World Resources Institute
10 G Street NE, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002 USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]