On 11/9/04, Jean-Patrick Lucien wrote:

> How about an NGO running a franchise where they license those
> cyber-cafes to small entrepreneurs.

Jean Patrick Lucien, to add to your comments, perhaps, better still
would be to allow these individuals to run the cyber cafe on a "day"
basis for a small fee which would cover the franchise fee (apportioned
daily); the "day owner" should be able to keep the remainder of the
day's earnings. This way the poorer individuals would be able to afford
the cost and we are creating an enabling environment and increasing
opportunity, almost the same way as Unilever India created the sample
size soap bars to offer to the BOP market. Just as Barry Coetzee
suggested, we need to scale our product to the requirements of the BOP
market.

Nevine Gulamhusein,
Tel: 281-980-4747 Ext 359
Fax: 281-980-4787