Hi Nicolas!

I've tried to compile parfib with versions: 4.04, 4.06, 3.02, 0.29, under
Solaris and/or Linux.

With version 4.04 and 4.06, I never managed to get to that stage. I managed
to compile 'Main.lhs' to 'Main.o', but couldn't like: it seems that
all library for GPH are missing in those versions. This is the sequence of
messages that I received (compiling with ghc-4.04 under Solaris):

(1) first go

> make
ghc -c  -parallel -fvia-C -fglasgow-exts -cpp Main.lhs -o Main.o
ghc: unrecognised option: -fstack-check

Main.lhs:3: Could not find valid interface file `Prelude'

Main.lhs:5: Could not find valid interface file `Parallel'

Compilation had errors

*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Main.o'

(2) with -i option (a file 'Main.o' was generated)

> ghc -c -parallel -fvia-C -fglasgow-exts
>-i/usr/local/ghc-4.04/lib/ghc-4.04/imports/concurrent:/usr/local/ghc-4.04/lib/ghc-4.04/imports/std
> -cpp Main.lhs -o Main.o
ghc: unrecognised option: -fstack-check
ghc: module version changed to 1; reason: no old .hi file

Usage: For basic information, try the `-help' option.

(3) 'make' again

osaka: make
ghc  -parallel -fvia-C -fglasgow-exts -cpp -o parfib *.o
ghc: unrecognised option: -fstack-check
ld: fatal: library -lHSconcurrent_mp: not found
ld: fatal: library -lHSexts_mp: not found
ld: fatal: library -lHS_mp: not found
ld: fatal: library -lHSrts_mp: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to parfib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `parfib'

I couldn't get version 0.29 running, and I was informed by Alvaro J Rebon
that his package for 3.10 definitely doesn't work with most recent versions of
glibc. He promissed a few weeks  ago that he would try to get me a package
with  GHC+GPH running for RedHat Linux 6.1. I remember asking him whether GPH
was some experimental feature of GHC (not completely tested.) He assured me
that GPH is OK and he is using it himself. So... I decided to wait for
a while.

Regards,

Raul Lopes

 Nicolas wrote

   Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:51:07 -0300 (GMT-0300)
   From: Nicolas Wolovick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

           I finally managed to avoid the error about missing Prelude and
   Parallel interface including the appropriate directories with -i directive.
           However, there are new errors in the link stage relating
   undefined references to `_fxstat' and `__setjmp'.
           Did you get the same results?

           And one final question. Do the developers say to you that there's _no_ GHC
   version that properly includes GPH?

                                   Regards, Nicolas Wolovick