When I asked on the mailing list about this a year ago, I think I was told
that it wasn't exactly supported any longer.  So rather than trying to get
GHC to compile ReadLine in, I used green-card instead.  The attached file gives
you the very simplest readline function.

If you want to try to get GHC to include it, you could start by adding

GhcLibsWithReadline = YES
readlineIncludePath = -- where readline is
HAVE_READLINE = YES

to your build.mk file.

"Wojciech Moczydlowski, Jr" wrote:

>   I've been just writing some program using Readline library and I've
> noticed that I haven't got Readline.hi in /usr/local/lib/ghc/imports/util.
> Moreover, as I checked my source, I've found that it hasn't been built at
> all - it's not even in fptools/hslibs/util/.depend. What could have caused
> it and, more important :), how to build it now?
>
> Khaliff TM                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                              http://www2.ids.pl/~khaliff

ReadLine.gc